Welcome to ICE-Africa
The Institute for Clinical Excellence – Africa (ICE-Africa) was developed to support healthcare systems enhance delivery of high quality patient care and bridge safety gaps. By building collaborations and partnerships with leading medical institutions around the world, ICE-Africa aims to augment the clinical talents across the African continent with innovative advancements in safe healthcare delivery.
We are committed to the continuous improvement of healthcare outcomes through working directly with patients in care advocacy and healthcare organizations in quality improvement.
Planning for Excellence
- Building Capabilities for fostering High Quality Comprehensive, Coordinated Healthcare.
- Shifting Organizational Culture.
- Promoting Technical and Behavioral Changes that Sustain Continuous Improvement.
- Emphasis on Prevention.
- Results Driven.
- Cost Effectiveness.
- Identifying Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Defining SMART Goals.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Identifying Gaps.
- Mapping Objectives to Real Measurements.
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Continuously Assessing Organizational Performance.
- Statistical Process Control.
- Continuously Reducing Waste.
- Continuously Improving Efficiency.
- Empowering Employees.
This white paper presents a framework that health care organizations can use to sustain improvements in the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of patient care. The key to sustaining improvement is to focus on the daily work of frontline managers, supported by a high-performance management system that prescribes standard tasks and responsibilities for managers at all levels of the organization.
To inform this work, we reviewed selected literature and interviewed leading organizations. The result presented in this white paper…(learn more)